SSC Combined Matric Level Exam Pattern
SSC Conducts Combined Matric Level exam for various clerical level posts in India.
a) Main Examination for Grade ‘C’ Stenographers (Conventional Type)
|Part-A||General English||100||2 hours||10.00 AMto12.00 Noon|
|Paper-II||Essay (Hindi/English)||100||2 hours||2.00 PMto4.00 PM|
Skill Test: Stenography skill test speed: 100 words per minute – 300 marks
(Stenography Test will be conducted later on only for those candidates who qualifies the Main Examination)
Note: – Those candidates who have opted for Hindi/English in General Studies and Essay will have to take the skill test in Hindi/English as per the case may be.
Combined Matric Level Exam Eligibility
1. Educational Qualification
Matric from a recognized Board or equivalent.
18 to 27 years of age is required for the various posts mentioned above. However age may vary a couple of years for different posts.
- A citizen of India or
- A subject of Nepal or
- A subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African, Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
SSC Combined Matric Level Exam Syllabus
Syllabus For Clerks
General English: In addition to the testing of candidates’ understanding of the English language and correct usage of the language, his/her writing ability would be tested; questions on paragraph writing/report writing/letter writing etc. may also be included.
General Studies: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society.
Questions will also be framed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every dayobservations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person.
SSC Combined Matric Level Steno Test
For Stenographers Grade ‘D’ : Shorthand Test in Hindi or in English 300 Marks for those who qualifies the Main Examination.
Scheme of Shorthand Test: The candidate will be given one dictation test in English or in Hindi at the speed of 80 words per minute for 10 minutes. The candidates who opt to take the shorthand test in English will be required to transcribe the matter in 65 minutes and the candidates who opt to take the test in Hindi will be required to transcribe the matter in 75 minutes.
SSC Combined Matric Level Typing Test
The candidates who qualify the Main Examination(s) will have to undergo a typewriting test/Stenography test as the case may be.Details of the stenography test/typewriting test are as below:
Typewriting Test is only a qualifying test .
- Only those candidates who qualify in the Main Examination and attain minimum qualifying marks at the Main Examination as may be fixed by the commission , will only be eligible to take the typewriting test, i.e. Part-III of the Main Examination.
- Successful Candidates are allowed to take the typewriting test either in Hindi (Devanagri Script) or in English.
- Candidates shall have to bring their own typewriter for the typewriting test. Use of electronic typewriter is not permitted in typewriting test.
- Only those candidates who secure minimum qualifying marks in the written (Main) Examination will be eligible for appearing in the Typewriting Test and only such of them as qualify at the Typewriting Test at the prescribed speed will be eligible for being recommended for appointment for the number of vacancies available. The typewriting test will be only a qualifying test .
- The typewriting test will consist of one paper of running matter of 10 minutes duration..